My Roleplay-Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forest (South) - Woods

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Forest (South) - Woods - Page 2 Empty Re: Forest (South) - Woods

Post by Vethale Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:42 pm

Julie couldn't help but stop abruptly. No, this wasn't true. C'mon, he's joking. That's it, it's just a fake!

She stared at Rioth. This time analysing him harder and paying attention to every single detail of his clothes.

They really didn't look like faked ones or the kind of coat you'd get in a store. And his way of talking, so twisted and with this weird accent only pointed out the fact, that he was not from here.

The more she thought about, the more sense it made. She fell through a portal and now she can teleport, because she's "stuck" between two dimensions.

What if he fell through one too and made, like... time travel? It could be possible after all.

Julie made a step to the side, so look at the stick-man. He could be a demon or monster that followed him through the portal, couldn't it?

The brief time she had spend stuck in the other dimension, showed her that weird things actually were possible.

"Wha-? How? Why? Where?" The bruntte just couldn't find the right words "did you eventually... maybe.... got near a spinning curly twisty glowy thing?" Best description of a portal ever. She actually didn't want to confuse the eventual sailor more than he already was

Last edited by Vethale on Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:49 am; edited 2 times in total

Vethale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuerbistee Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:54 pm

Rioth stopped and pointed at her, as if he was trying to underline the sentence she just said.

"Yeah! 'xactly! I was walkin' 'round and suddenly there was this glowy door that sucked me in and whoosh, here I am!"

Happy that she seemed to know what he was talking about, he let his arms fall to his sides again and sighed in relief.

"And ever since I arrived here, my new shadow's been followin' me!" He pointed at the figure right beside him.

Kuerbistee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vethale Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:13 am

"I...i did not know that time travel was possible with the portals" Julie whispered, more to herself. She chose to believe the pirate. Besides, nobody would make up such weird things to prank her, or at least she thought so.

This guy WAS a pirate, a real pirate. A pirate, sailing through the seas, getting drunk and plundering other people!

"In that case... uh... you might have accidentally..." how do you tell somebody they went like 500 years into the future without giving them a heart attack? "Made a time travel... only for a few years, I guess" she slowly said

It'd be better to tell him the news... slowly and not all at once. She could think of so much things that had changed since the 17th century.

Just imagine: Historics and scientists trying to figure out or theorizing how people lived back then and it was her, a normal student who found a REAL pirate. Okay, maybe not that normal. But nobody knew about her teleporting powers. Even though some of them suspected something, because she may or may not have... teleportet herself in the middle of language class. Good thing they were watching a movie, though, because nobody really noticed.

Back to the pirate, anyway. This would be the perfect chance to ask him some questions. How their lifes looked like, what they did and stuff like that! This day couldn't get any worse and by now, it was only getting better.

A real pirate! This was so exiting. What could she ask him first? About the pirate life? Or how about the rights of a woman (this was important, since back then women were treated like - let's just say they didn't have as much rights as men)? Or maybe the inventions? 1647 was actually right before the time before people started to question their old values and great discoveries were made. She wondered how much he'd lived through. Did he experience or even help develop the new sailing devices? She could ask him anything! This was awsome.

"So, you eh are a pirate?" She asked, a bit too exited. "A real pirate?" She had soo much questions but she didn't know where to begin with. This guy could be full of mysterys. And not to forgt about the weird stick-man. She wondered how many secret that would be hiding. What was that thing even?

She decided to give all her attention to the pirate. She could figure out the stick thingz later. Besides, the pirate had nowhere to go and was apparently lost in the forest. 1 point for Julie, 0 to the pirate Rioth

Vethale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuerbistee Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:31 pm

Rioth frowned. So this door really sent him to the future.
"Not that many years though, you say", he thought out loud. "Well, why are you dressed like this then? Is this normal in... only a few years in the future?"

The boy sighed again. "And yeah, I guess you could call me a pirate. So, can we go to the town now, maid?"

He stretched again then, noticing how his shadow did the same.

Kuerbistee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vethale Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:32 pm

Julie watched Rioth. She didn't know how to react to his question. And also, she didn't like to be called a maid. She was sure it wasn't meant as an insult, but since she never heard anybody say that to adress her, it was just plainly weird.

"Yes... we- people dess differently... in this time" She made a short pause, thinking what to do next "to the town... eh, yeah. Acutally..." She started looking around for a plausible excuse. How stupid of her to lead somebody from the 17th century right into a weird town full of even weirder things.

The brunette wanted to give him the news sloowlyy, so he wouldn't freak out and start attacking everybody in [town's name].

"Are you armend? Like, do you have a ... weapon or gun or eh, something dangerous?" She asked. Not sure if it was a good idea, to ask a stranger for his weapons but it was better than leading him straight towards the town.

After all, she couldn't just trust a weird sailor pirate guy from the past to not panick when he sees... the future. Actually, more like seeing the present, but at the same time it would be outdated in some years and be the past again so... yeah, time travel is complicated.

Vethale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuerbistee Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:46 pm

Rioth began to laugh.
"Am I armed? Lad, I grew up among drunken strangers and murderers, of course I'm armed! What a question!"

Kuerbistee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vethale Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:59 pm

Crap. He is more dangerous than Julie actually thought.

"In that case.. I'd ask you to eh leave your... guns here? Her demand sounded more like a question, but there was no way she'd let this weirdo into the town with some guns "Guns are forbidden around here" she quickly added.

This guy could become a real problem if he starts fraking out in the town and who knows what he would do

"Uh, besides... I have to point out, that ehm... how do I say this? Well I guess there were some... changes and inventions and stuff like that, that are revolutionary and may seem new to you. Because of the time travel...yeah so..." Some slight changes in the human ideology and thinking or some grat inventions like electricity or mobile phones.

Mobile phones! She could show him her mobile to see his reaction. And from there decide if she'd let him into the town.

Julie put her backpack down and starter looking for her cellphone, but it was nowhere to be found. It wasn't until some more seconds of searching, when she recalled, that her phone was actually in her pocket. - Dumbass! - She took it outside and held it in front of Rioth with a grin.

Vethale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuerbistee Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:41 pm

Rioth slowly reached out and took the metallic thing she held out to him.
He turned it around several times, looking for slits or similar stuff that could hint the use of this thing.

The young man scoffed, already wantinh to give the useless piece of metall back to her when it suddenly lit up.
"Woah, what the fuck!"
The thing fell to the ground.

Rioth stared at it in awe, his hands held up in the air.

"This... is this some sort of portable flashing light? It has the same color as this door thingy I fell through!
Wait, is it dangerous when I touch it now? Did ya catch fire in a metall case? Or...?"

He sat down next to it and carefully squinted at the lit up case. "It shows somethin'! There's somethin' on its lightin' surface!"
Suddenly starting to laugh, Rioth cupped his cheeks with his hands.
"THIS IS INCREDIBLE! You were lying when you said it's only been a few years, weren't yar, maid?"

The red-haired sailor lied flat on the ground now, inspecting the light from as close as possible - or as close as seemed to be harmless enough. "I've lived in this ol' town for twenty-one years and the folks weren't even close to inventin' somethin' as amazing as THIS!"

Kuerbistee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vethale Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:47 pm

Julie made a small jump, when Rioth dropped her mobile

"Careful!" She warned him. She didn't want to have to tell her parents that a pirate broke her (expensive) mobile. It wasn't the newest model, but it was pretty cool though.

She neeled down beneath Riot and looked at her electronic device. Everything seemed okay. She was about to pick it up, when she noticed Rioth's reactions.

The girl couldn't help but smile. She definetly didn't expect this reaction from Rioth, but it was funny to see him having no clue what a normal mobile phone was.

"500 years more or less" She whispered. She wasn't sure if he heard, but she didn't care anyway.

She picked up her device and opened the music folder. The song Runaway Baby from Bruno Mars started to play.

"Yeah, it's pretty cool" She said behind a grin "Its a mobile phone. You can basically call other people with it, but they have gone through so many changes, that you can listen to music and watch videos or do some other stuff with it."

She made a quick pause, analysing the sailor's expression. She didn't know if that would be too much information at once or how much he would actually understand.

"They... They work with batteries, so I have to charge it up every now and then." Batteries. Would he know what that was? Maybe try something easier. "Well, actually electricity. You know electricity? Like, a lightning?" A lightning wasn't that accurate to describe electricity since basically the electrons and protons - nevermind, it was the only thing that came to her mind in that moment.

Vethale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuerbistee Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:20 pm

Rioth didn't hear her comment about the time travel - he was too distracted by the metallic case that was apparently okay to pick up.

Instead - "Wait! Wait, stop, wait a minute. Watch what? It works with what? I think you gotta explain some things to me, maid!"

Kuerbistee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vethale Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:10 pm

Julie shook her head, a bit disappointed. Of course he wouldn't understand. But how do you explain to someone who doesn't even know electricity, how a mobile phone works?

"Ehm, well. You can...You see, this phone can built connections with other phones. So I talk to other people with the same device, you understand?" She held her mobile in front of Rioth again and called the number 34XXX6 to call her dad.

"Hello? Julie?" That was the voice of her father

"Yes... uh it's me, dad. I just wanted to call to, ehm" Great. What excuse do you have now, Julie? "I just wanted to say that... eh, I'm gonna be a bit late today, alright?"

"Yeah, I guess that's okay. See you later then, but don't stay out too long, kay? Bye" With those words he hung up.

Julie looked at Rioth "See? You can talk to other people. The devices connect to each other." It is easier to explain it like that. He would't understand it otherwise.

But his reaction seemed to surprise Julie. He acted way more fascinated than scared. She started walking slowly towards the town again. He (hopefully) wouldn't destroy the town. He seemed okay, but there still was that problem with his... weapons

Vethale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuerbistee Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:56 pm

Rioth followed the maid when she started walking again, not lifting his gaze away from that metallic thing.

"I... don't really understand", he admitted and he started to feel uncomfortable. How many years did he skip again? What was all this? That was certainly nothing he grew up to live with or, as he admitted towards the lady, understood.

It was strange and it somewhat frightened him. That, again, was something he'd never admit though. If you let your potential enemies know your weaknesses, there's a higher chance they could beat you.

And even though the brown-haired girl seemed to be nice and not even slightly hostile, he decided to stay calm and to stop thinking about those new things until he was confronted with other ones.

Something told him he'd be confronted with others soon enough and he was not sure whether he could handle this without even understanding what that was.

Kuerbistee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vethale Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:17 pm

They were getting close to the town now and Julie had decided y now, that the pirate was not a threat. He had left many questions for her. He fell through a portal, but the brunette had already figured that those portals disappeared.

She already tried finding the portal, which she fell through but the forest was too huge and when she returned to the place, where she saw it, it was nowhere to be found.

This only lead to the next question: How would he get home? Julie had no idea. She would have to find a portal for him, but even if they would manage to find one, they couldn't controll the portal, could they? It could literally send them anywhere at anytime

"So, how are you going to go home?" She shyly asked the sailor. He probably wouldn't know either, but - it would only be rude not to ask and assume he doesn't know anything. He may also know something else about this town that could help them (hopefully).

Julie too ka deep breath "You know, if you want, I could help you" She offered. She imagined herself, lost in somekind of weird future full of robots and alien-stuff without any clue about what was going on (Julie blamed the actual futuristic-like movies, for that thought about the future).

Besides, it could be interesting. She could find out about the life and pirates from the 17th century from a real life source. She could also find out more about the history of this weird little town. It's not like she had much to do right now. They wouldn't write any exams until next month and she already was good at school, so it really wouldn't make a difference.

Suddently, an idea came to Julie. They were already going to the town. She could take a look at the books in the library, maybe somebody wrote down anything about the portals or supernatural stuff. It could really help them.

Vethale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuerbistee Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:34 am

"I really don' know maid", Rioth admitted as he walked next to the lady from the future, the lady that owned a strange metallic light that you could touch without burning yourself, the lady that already showed him so many strange things he has never seen before - some not even on purpose, like the weird clothing - the lady that seemed despite all those things not suspicious, dangerous or sly at all.

Now that the headache that had accompanied him for the last three days had disappeared, the red-haired sailor's boy felt nothing but exhausted.

"Say, lad, can you think of a place in the town where I could take a rest and maybe also spend the night?", he asked, deciding to ditch the confusing and complicated topic of time travel.

Kuerbistee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vethale Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:11 pm

Julie continued walkig, without looking at the sailor.

"Huh... " She said, while thinking about the aswer. She could take him to a hostel, but he probably didn't have any money (or the right currency) and she didn't have that much money to buy it for him. On the other hand, she didn't want to take him home. First of all: it would be weird and second: there was no way her parents would allow him to stay anyway.

She started playing with her hair while thinking of an answer. Maybe somebody else could offer him a place to stay... but who? (Steve wouldn't mind having a visitor, but then she felt sorry for Rioth. Nobody would like staying with Steve, not even a pirate from the 17th century)

"Yes!" She finally said "I think I know a place." A wide grin grew on her face. Frank wouldn't mind having a guest besides, the old fisher was lonely and loved the sea. Since Rioth was a pirate, those two would make the perfect couple.

"See, there is this old -uh- fishing man, called Frank." Julie started explaining to Rioth "He doesn't live downtown, but -uhm- near the old harbor. He is a family friend of... of mine, and I'm sure the old man wouldn't mind some company... Besides, he tells really good storys. Maybe you two could talk... about stuff... like pirates or other?" She already could tell how weird this sounded, but there really wouldn't be another place for him to stay.

Vethale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuerbistee Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:15 pm

Rioth took a deep breath.
"That doesn't sound too bad. Just, uh, could you accompany me? Because it's been a few years since I've been to that harbor for the last time, if you know what I mean."
He dryly laughed at his own joke.

Kuerbistee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vethale Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:19 pm

Julje quickly nodded.

"Yes, of course. That was the plan, anyway" while she looked around, she realized how late it had gotten. The sun was already setting. She could tell that it would be around six or seven pm.

"We're almost in the town" she explained. She could already see some houses and streets from were they were standing.

Vethale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuerbistee Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:26 pm

Rioth just nodded, sighed and followed her.
He usually would've noticed when they would enter the town. Did everything really change that much?
The thought made his headache return, so he shook his head once again and decided to sleep before overthinking that stuff.

Kuerbistee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vethale Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:05 pm

(Julie FINALLY reaches the town. Continuing the conversation in the old harbour alley)
Also, Julie leaves the forest

Vethale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2